The MATAC Scholarship
Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student, with 12 credit hours or more, in the Fall of the academic year of 2023-2024. High school seniors, college transfer and current Tougaloo College students must provide proof of enrollment to be awarded their scholarship.
- Must be a high school graduate, college transfer student, or currently enrolled at Tougaloo College.
- Must have a 2.5 overall GPA or above.
- Submit an essay (250-word essay addressing the value of a college education, state why they chose Tougaloo College, discuss career objective, demonstrate involvement in community activities, and explain how their education will be enhanced by receiving the MATAC Scholarship).
- Attach two letters of recommendation (teacher, guidance counselor, clergy, employer, etc.).
- Submit a copy of the official high school or college transcript.
- Submit completed application before midnight on August 31, 2023 for the Academic School Year 2023-24.
*Only applications submitted before or on the deadline date will be accepted and reviewed!
How to Apply:
- Download the MATAC Scholarship Application at https://matac.tcnaa.org/MATAC-2023-24-Scholarship-APPLICATION.pdf
- Complete and Save the fillable Application form and
- Submit: Email Application form and all required documentation to Rylander Garrett email@example.com.
MATAC Scholarship Committee Contact:
Faye Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org, Rylander Garrett newdeltasoul@gmail.
2022 MATAC Scholarship Recipients
Hometown: Bartlett, TN
Awards: Honor Roll, 2nd Place Hosa Tournament, Bridges (Certificate of Completion)
Organizational Affiliations: Beta Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Tougaloo College Student Government Association, Tougaloo College Dancing Diva, Pre-Alumni Council
Matthew A. Smith
Hometown: Olive Branch, MS
Major: Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics
Awards: 2020 Shan Whiteside Award
Sports: Mens Basketball Team
Carlyn A. Payton
Hometown: Greenwood, MS
Major: Special Education
Awards: National Honor Society, Superintendent’s Scholar, PEARLS Mentoring for Girls – Current President, 2021 PEARLS of the Year, ACT 20+ Club
Organizational Affiliations: Miss Greenwood Leflore Consolidated School District (2021-2022), PEARLS Mentoring for Girls, Amanda Elzy High School Cheerleader, Chick-fil-A Leadership Academy
GPA: 4.5 (5.0 scale)